Real Estate Closings And Settlements

Many Virginia homeowners have the do-it-yourself spirit. While this is a great way to save money on certain home repairs or renovations, it is not necessarily a wise way to finalize the purchase or sale of your home.

For most of us, our home is our largest asset, and the sale or purchase of a home is the largest financial transaction we will ever make. Real estate is complex and involves large sums of money, which means that the risks and costs of mistakes are high. Therefore, real estate closings and settlements should really be done with the help of a legal professional.

I am James T. Jordan, Attorney At Law. For nearly 15 years, I have been offering real estate-related legal services to clients throughout the Roanoke Valley. I know I can help you, too.

Real Estate Transactions Services

Here are just some of the many real estate legal services my firm offers:

  • Representing buyers and sellers at closings
  • Drafting contracts (sales and purchase agreements)
  • Drafting lease agreements (for residential and commercial property)
  • Preparing deeds (and specialty documents such as deeds of gift)
  • Preparing deeds of subdivision
  • Resolving any liens and title issues
  • Easements
  • Escrow accounts
  • Information and advice about owner’s title insurance
  • Representing landlords in landlord-tenant disputes

My Firm’s Commitment To Clients

I understand that many real estate deals involve a current or future home, which feels intensely personal and can be especially stressful. My mission is to make the process as smooth and as easy as possible for clients. That includes being reachable when I am needed. There are three other full-time employees working for my firm, which means that phone calls usually get answered and messages always get returned promptly.

Discuss Your Real Estate Needs With An Experienced Lawyer Today

From my office in Salem, I offer initial consultations to potential clients throughout the Roanoke Valley. To schedule an appointment, please call 540-384-1923. You can also reach me by filling out this online contact form.